
I attended
Julie Parker's Get Schooled Workshop with Tracy this month. I can not even express to you how scared I was going into this thing, I did not feel that I was anywhere near the caliber of photographer I needed to be to even attend a workshop at this level.. but my BFF Sissy encouraged me and convinced me that I could do it.
I am so glad I attended, I was surprised at how much i LEARNED...
i LEARNED that EVEN I could do this... i LEARNED that it is ok to shoot in AV mode, shoot JPEG files, and have have a short attention span... and when I am having a good day shoot in Manual... and work towards RAW, if I want to. No pressure.
i LEARNED that when 20 other photographers are crowded around two models that you all get about the same shot and that you can't get that awesome picture unless your aggressive... and i LEARNED that I am not aggressive.
i LEARNED that too much Photoshop is a bad thing and that keeping it simple gets you good comments on your critique from Julie (yea me!) and i LEARNED that my sissy is really as awesome as I thought she was, Julie made the comment that she had one of her favorite pictures of the day.
i LEARNED that when you shoot beautiful people, you get beautiful pictures no matter what, you could not go wrong this this couple.

i LEARNED that it is OK to shoot the little details. This is Mr Stegan's beautiful Ford that we used as a prop at the end of the day. I had to take a few shots of it, it was so pretty, besides the scrapbooker in me likes the little detail shots.


i LEARNED that it is ok to put yourself out there and try something new. If your looking for a fun workshop to learn a few tricks of the trade, or to network with a bunch of other photographers I recommend Julie Parker's Workshop, but you will have to wait a while... she only holds one a year.

Thanks Julie... it was a great :)
Thanks Tracy for the fun two days filled with laughter, good conversations, good food and fun adventures **
2 comments:
Your pictures are amazing Lore! I'm so glad you guys had such a good time. Love it all.
Love your pics! Julie definitely has some great tricks up her sleeve!
Post a Comment