The ER is NEVER a place you want to go, but when you end up in one on a Friday night... BAM!! Your entire weekend is shot! It doesn't matter what plans you have, or what you need to get done, it's not gonna happen.
It has been over 3 years since I have been in the ER with an episode of Costochondritis, a big word for chest pain. I have been able to manage it perty darn good until all of the factors for the perfect storm lined up. First, SPRING, I have no idea why, but when the seasons change from winter to spring it has always been a factor. Second, STRESS... 1-work, I was spared from recent lay offs, but that leaves me to learn a new client, a new system, new responsibilities, and I am scared to let any one down. 2-that other job (Shameless Photography) I love working with my sister... but here too I am scared to let her down, I want to make this work for us. Third, LONELINESS, my kids are gone for 10 days... even Alexis is gone for 6 of those days... I so do not do well without them around. Typically I plan a major project, but with all the shoots this week I knew I did not have time. I miss Kyle's stories in the morning, Cameron's hugs at night, Courtney's new found spunk, Alexis updates on the latest Kolton, and Brittany's daily adventures with Alley and Morgan. Apparently all of these factors were a little to much on me and I was thankful I had Becky willing to take me to AF Hospital. I lucked out too; my nurse Steve was awesome, he let me be sarcastic and he just smiled and thanked me for not getting stuck with the sick 18 year old that came in when I did and Dr Davis rocked! He did not hook me up to a freaking heart monitor and have me take every test under the sun, he actually believed me. so refreshing. All I needed was a shot of Toradol (a mega dose of a anti-inflammatory and pain reliever) and I was feeling better... and then I slept the rest of the weekend. Well almost, I managed to get out of the house to go to a dance, and to church... now that I think about it maybe the weekend wasn't a complete loss.
1 comment:
So sorry you were in the ER. This does happen to you in the spring. Yuck.
Post a Comment