Saturday, January 1, 2011

A New Year

I find it interesting that people find January 1st such a special day. A day when you can put your past behind you and start fresh, a new beginning. Technically can't any day be that way? Well in keeping with the spirit of the New Years Resolution I have made a few for myself.

I wanted to find a word that captures my "Goals" for the year, I thought about ADVENTURE, or DISCOVERY... they felt to big and bold for me. Then I thought COMPASSION and SERVICE... I wasn't feeling the love so I passed on them and went down to my kitchen to refill my water while I thought about it. There across the back wall in my kitchen in big letters is "Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much" ok, so it was not a single word, but it expressed my objective. (Tangent: This is not the font on my wall.. in case you were wondering, it is too frilly for me).


So to keep things simple I have reduced my resolutions into the the following "Live, Laugh, Love... and Blog about it!"

Live
1. I want experience more in my life, and traveling satisfy this for me. This year I want to travel to someplace outside of Utah again. (I am easy to please, a trip to Vegas would fulfill this goal).
2. In order to live healthier I want to lose weight and start working out on a regular basis. (yes, yes, I know EVERYONE has this one as a goal.)
3. Date.. there you go I said it. I would like to possibly go on a date, maybe. I have 12 months to complete this one, so lets not push it.
4. I want to paint another room in my house this year, maybe my room... yea!

Laugh
1. Most of my favorite times laughing have been when I am with my family (including my mom, my sissy and Randy). I want to create more opportunities were we can be together and laugh... even if I end up being the butt of the jokes, I still laugh so hard I cry.
2. I want to take more pictures of every day moments, not just the great posed shots, but day to day shots to capture how much fun we have together as a family.

Love
1. Service is a aspect of love, so I want to make a goal to serve in a greater capacity for the Festival of Trees in SLC this year. In addition to other service opportunities that may arise.
2. Attending the Temple, maybe if I publicly make this goal than I will be better.
3. Family falls under love, I want to research a line of my genealogy that I know little to nothing about. I am very interested in finding out more and getting the background story's associated with it.
4. I want to tell each one of my children every single day of the year that I love them.

...And Blog about it!
Over the last three years I have blogged less and less each year (2008 79 posts, 2009 65 posts, and 2010 47 posts). I find that when I can blog about something I can get it off my chest and move on very easily. It also gives me an opportunity to share about my family, and vent when I am ticked off. This past year there were many things that I could not blog about because of the people involved. As a result I almost completely stopped blogging. My goal is to beat last years numbers, maybe even set a new record number of blogs.

That is my list so far. If I can think of more I am going to add them. I am going to make a copy and carry it with me, as I accomplish something I will cross it off or make a note of it as a reminder. I am not going to beat myself up if I don't complete something, but now I have a little more focus on what my goals are for this coming year.

May 2011 be a prosperous year fill with blessing for all my family and friends.

1 comment:

Heffalumps and Woozles said...

I LOVE IT! YOU make me LAUGH with your amazing creativity and perspective! It's because of friends like you I want to LIVE my life better.

Thanks for who you are! MUAH

Add other items