Saturday, October 24, 2009

Looking Back at Summer: Part 4, August

August started out with the Park City Art Festival. Always an enjoyable experience. Checking out art.. people.. food.. more people, the people watching I think is my favorite part. It is fun to get away and stay the night, and have to thank Randy for being so nice this year and getting a TWO room condo... I guess the pregnant uncomfortable woman on the hide-a-way last year left you with a bit of guilt? Whatever the reason, thank you, having my own room was WAY better!
For the second year in a row Alexis did not join us and opted to stay with a friend so she could attend a church activity, last year was the Timp hike, this year a Trek reunion dinner (spiritual summer remember!)
Once again we were invited to join my cousin and her family at their cabin near Bear Lake. You would think mid-August would be perfect to be at the lake. Apparently mother nature was tired of sun that week. We enjoyed most of our time in the cabin due to the rain and cool weather. But that did not stop us from enjoying our time together. The kids made forts and played Wii and had fun going for walks around the cabin, when they were not being chased by stray dogs.
We did get in one day on the beach, well part of a day. It was cool, especially if you were wet. But that did not stop the kids from having a great time. Boyd was even able to get them out on the boat for a ride before we packed up and left for the warmth of the cabin.




School started on August 20th, it felt early and like the summer was not ready to end.

Kyle started taking dance class at Kinderland in the summer. At the end of August they had a recital to show off some of their new moves. Kyle got to show off his 3 year old version of break dancing. It finally made sense to me what he was doing at home when he would start flipping all over the floor and calling it his "dance."

In addition to all of this we celebrated Kyles 3rd birthday at Pirate Island, a spin on Chuck-E-Cheese with out the freaky singing mouse. It was not bad. Kyle wants to go back dressed like a pirate.
I finally went to a Demolition Derby that was held in Spanish Fork at the Utah County fair, I will definitely be going again next year... and I will NOT forget my camera! I had a great time and thanks to the nice guy that was next to me who brought me up to speed on the rules and the inside scoop of derby cars, I have a new appreciation for people who purchase a car only to entirely destroy the thing in a single evening! I had to laugh at the derby slogan that was on the back of the t-shirts "The only place to get smashed in Utah County"
The summer went by so quickly. I am so glad we were able to enjoy so many activities together as a family and with our friends. I am so thankful for all of the opportunities we have had this past summer to experience new and fun things from Trek to camp to the Derby, and everything in between.
It was a good summer and one that I am glad I had a chance to look back on and share.
Oh, and Kyles best quote of the summer, while driving to daycare in one morning: "MOM, roll up the window, your wind is messing up my hair!"

No comments:

Add other items