I know, I know... I am behind and I have a hard time moving forward with out sharing what we did this past summer. It was very full and fun... too bad I don't have pictures of half of what we did, so luckily I have some of my sissy's pix that I took from her site, so if you have see them before it is because they are hers (thanks sissy!- heart you!)
The summer started out with the opportunity to shoot two couples engagements and wedding pictures. Sam and Diana's came first, at the end of May. I want to thank them for letting us be part of their big day. I was really worried when the day started out with us showing up to the Temple a tad bit late due to a communication issue, luckily we were still able to get pictures of them at the door, just after they walked out. I was worried all day as the weather looked like the sky wanted to open up into a full on down poor, but in the end the out-door reception was absolutely beautiful and a blast to be at.
The next one we did was a cute young couple that got married at Thanksgiving Point. I will not lie, I was full on nervous about it. Both Tracy and I shot the entire time through the ceremony and the reception. This beautiful bride happen to be the niece of an old friend of ex #1, so I saw quite a few people that we did things with a long, long time ago. The wedding was hands down the most beautiful wedding I have ever been to.
For my Birthday I asked for tickets to see Yanni with my mom. I am coming out of the closet here- I AM A YANNI FAN! I believe I have seen him 5 times now in concert, and I am sad to say, I miss the long hair, mustache face, lien pants wearing Yanni... the new short hair, scruffy face is just not doing it for me.
Brittany had her 11th birthday in June. It is truly amazing to me that this kid is not 16 yet, she sure acts like it!
Early in June Alexis attended BYU's EFY (Especially for Youth) it is a LDS summer camp for a week. Alexis has been several times and has really enjoyed attending. Every year she makes more and more friends at EFY. This experience was especially memorable, she came home with H1N1, yes, Swine Flu. Genius pants Alexis went back up to BYU a week later to visit one of her leaders to see who else had been ill, apparently a lot of the people in her session went home infected.
The Pleasant Grove Strawberry Days are held every year in June. We did not make it to the rodeo but we did have a great time at the carnival. Due to a memory card issue I lost all of the pictures I took this evening, so once again... thank you sissy for the pix. My favorite part of the evening was watching Kyles face light up as he rode on the rides. Cameron sat back in the stroller and watched the lights and people, and we ended the night with Strawberry's and Cream.


In Alexis's words "it was a spiritual summer" In addition to EFY, she also went on the Stake Trek. The Trek is an opportunity to reenact the journey that the pioneers made as they crossed the plains to Utah. They had to dress completely in pioneer clothing and spend several days with a their "family" as they faced trials along the trails, including frost bite, losing loved ones and pulling the hand cart up a steep hill. Courtney was not old enough to attend the full Trek so our Stake had a "Beacon" Trek for a day that was held at This is the Place Park in SLC. She was able to experience a mini version of the trek that Alexis was able to attend.
June was a great month!
1 comment:
Thanks for the update. It was fun to read what you guys did all summer. Sounds like ya'all had a good summer.
Post a Comment