Tuesday, June 24, 2008

On Golden Pond

Last week I got a call at work that the pump on the pond stopped working. I ran home to see if there was anything I could do. After moving the rock that covers the pump and filter, I just stood there staring at it. Thinking to myself, I have NO IDEA WHAT TO DO NOW THAT I AM HERE, I guess I had that look all over my face because Alexis quickly yelled “Brittany, call your dad because you know mom won’t” I guess she knows me pretty well. Donovan came over and fixed a part that “I broke” and got a stick out of the pump, then left. It was working but not as well as it had been. I called to thank him for getting it running and he said it needed to be cleaned. Not something I can do on my own, and pregnant. He offered to come over to help, and he did. Saturday I helped him, the best I knew how, for 6hours in the sun, clean out the pond. Removing the filters, cleaning them, draining the pond, catching the fish, getting the rocks out of the bottom, spraying the rocks to get the algae and moss off , Donovan said this was simulating spring run off it was a lot of work that I know I could not have done alone. The only incident with the project was when bubbles the largest of the Koi fish jumped out of the bucket we were holding them in and Brittany freaked out worried that bubbles was going to die. Picture a pregnant woman bending over trying to hold onto a big slimy fish that was wiggling all over the place, ya Alexis thought it was funny too. The pond is crystal clear and running so well, so thank-you Donovan for helping me.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Working together for the common good of all. Wow!! I'm proud of you two. See, it will only get better - I hope. Sounds like your pond is crystal clear. Hope all is well.

The Ridgeways said...

Wow, that would have been tragic, you have some big whoppin fish in there. You know Donovan was always awesome to help people out, now your people and he is helping you out. Sweet.

Anonymous said...

Life isn't what we always expect it to be. It is what we do with it when we realize what the true purpose of life is. To know that we will always have someone to help us when it feels that the world is crashing down ontop of us.

Peace will come in time...
"Stick to your task till it sticks to you...
Beginners are many, but enders are few..."

Add other items