Monday, June 30, 2008

Is this insomnia?

Recently I have been waking up between 1 and 2:00 am and I am up from anywhere between 15 minutes to 3 ½ hours. I don’t know if this is because I have a lot on my mind or if this is my body preparing me for the baby’s schedule, either way it sucks!
I’d love to dose off and awake refreshed in the morning, ya like that is going to happen anytime in the next 3 years.

Here is a list of the things I have done with my time:

Written blog entries
Laid in bed watching the clock
Laundry
Got up and prayed
Written bills out
Read
Filled out paperwork
Get a drink of water
Do a house check, doors locked (check), kids asleep (check), garage shut (check)
Written in my journal

I have yet to find something that helps me fall back to sleep quickly. I have even taken Tylenol PM when I don’t have the kids, and I still wake up!
Sometimes I feel like my mind just won’t turn off. I have things I lay awake and worry about like how I hate sleeping alone, even thought Kyle is usually next to me; I still miss the comfort of having someone hold ME, or how I am going to manage the house, a job, a newborn and 4 other kids with out support from a spouse. But sometimes I think about things that would not typically keep a person up at night like what chores I need to get done, or what I need to get at the grocery store, or what to wear to work.
I am sure someone has advise on how to get back to sleep, I sure could use some so please let me know!

4 comments:

The Ridgeways said...

Ahhh, used to have insomnia a lot, especially before I got married. My fav was watching the animal planet that soft monotone voice on most of those would knock me out. Now days I go for the scriptures, sad but so true, I get so sleepy. Or I have a playlist in my mp3 player full of relaxing soothing music and I set the timer so it turns off on its own after an hour, I have yet to know it turned off till morning, heck maybe it doesn't and the batteries die! LOL Or I try to think of something relaxing so not of my day to day life, like picturing and planning the perfect yard (I do yard work awesome in my daydreams and never sneeze and have yet to see a snake) or I pretend I am on a great vacation and while I am relaxing by the pool zzzzzzzz, I don't usually make it much further than that. Brent's least favorite way for me to fall asleep is when I talk his ear off, and I have to say I find myself pretty dang hysterical at 2am, in fact even after I have told him ok no more I promise not to talk I will sometimes still lay there laughing at myself and what I come up with in my head. So anyway maybe after reading my mega huge comment you will be so bored you will be ready for bed!

Best of the Best said...

The first thought that popped into my head was read the scriptures. BTW, it was good seeing you and your kids at the concert, last week.

Jennifer said...

Benedryl. Lots and lots of it. Oh, and if you're really desperate, try reading "Freakonimics". That'd put anyone to sleep.

Laura said...

Ambian. Not sure if thats how you spell it. But, make your doctor give it to you. IT's the best sleep you will ever have.

Add other items