Monday, April 14, 2008

The Fortune Cookie

On the radio this morning a guy called in and shared the fortune that was in his fortune cookie, “You will have succeed.” I thought it was rather funny, and it set my craving for Chinese food for lunch. (Yes, the cravings have started.)
So off to Panda Express I went, I wanted to know what would be in my fortune cookie today. But something about those little cookies, you can’t eat just one, so I buy the bag with 12 extra cookies; I am bound to get a good fortune that way!

They go like this:
#1: GOLD IS IN YOUR FUTURE (If your thinking ring, I am more of a platinum girl)
#2: THE COMING MONTH SHALL BRING WINDS OF CHANGE IN YOUR LIFE (Hello… tell me something I didn’t know)
#3: YOU WILL RECEIVE SOME PRESTIGOUS PRIZE OR AWARD (Maybe it is made out of Gold!)
#4: YOUR PERSONALITY IS FUELED BY THE FASCINATION YOU FEEL FOR LIFE (Ummm, ok, I did not know that about myself, thanks fortune cookie)
#5: (Yes I ate all 5) YOU HAVE AN ACCURATE AND PROFESSIONAL MIND (Time to stop here, I think I ate someone else’s cookie.)

So I am sure that as you are reading this are adding your little ending of choice to each fortune, come on we all do this, you may have your own catchy little phrase, but the most popular one I know of is “in bed.” Now adding this to the fortunes I received today… I personally think it works well for the last two. Feel free to re-read.

So I am curious, does anyone else ever kinda hope that their fortune cookie holds some weight in the universe of fortunes. Ever keep one just hoping it will come true… and what is your saying of choice that you tack on to the end of a fortune?

4 comments:

Lucky-UnluckyOne said...

So. I am one of those that hopes, granted it's a very small glimmer of hope that one day MY fortune cookie will be telling the truth! Mainly the ones that deal with promotions at work or the "finding true happiness" ones!
I actually don't tack anything onto the end of mine, BUT I had a little old Chinese man tell me once that you have to finish the whole cookie before you read it, otherwise...you're screwed...

P.S. Congrats on being preggers! I

Jennifer said...

Haha...You do have a professional mind though. I SO wish fortune cookies worked. I'd have been in a meaningful relationship for a while now if they did. Well...maybe I am. I am 100% committed to me...does that count? LOL.

Kristy said...

ive always tacked on "in bed" with mine. Some of them are awesome!! Thinking back I couldn't tell you what they were. I guess they weren't THAT awesome!! lol. Yumm...Panda Express sounds good!! It's ok if you ate all 5. They are mostly just air anyway!! Yummy tasting air. :0)

Shamelessly said...

Ha, hilarious post. I had a fortune once that said something great was going to happen to me on a certain date. With some sad, so very sad, wishful thinking I held onto it for THREE months. Yeah. I think when that day rolled around I was at work, on my period, and bitter.

Add other items