So I have had people tell me that I am weird for getting along so well with my extremely soon to be ex-husband #2. Over the past two months we have gone to lunch, talked on the phone, sent text messages to each other for no reason, taken the kids to the movies... just normal stuff.
In a small way I think it was giving me a sense of hope, how could we possibly get a divorce when we are getting along so well, almost too well. I felt closer to him than I had in a very long time.
So let’s just say because of that feeling I did not have a problem letting him know how much I still cared about him.
You have heard the saying, have your cake and eat it too, I have a twist on that; when you give a man cake, you get cupcakes! Or in this case one cupcake.
While you are still spinning from this let me add that this new bit of news has not changed how almost ex-husband #2 feels about our marriage or me. This was obvious because he was like a kid on Christmas morning when we signed our divorce papers this evening at my attorney’s office.
And if you are wondering, yes, I am doing ok, not great. I should be more excited about a new baby than I am to be honest, but I don’t see this as a mistake, I see it more as a blessing. I am not quite sure what that blessing is yet (other than a girl or boy), but I am sure that this baby will be loved greatly.
5 comments:
Congratulations Lore. I love your "cake and cupcake" analogy!! You make me laugh!!
Wow!!!! I'm speechless. When I "saw" child #5, I didn't "see" all this happening to you. She's going to be blessed to have a great mommy like you. -Luana
Luana; are you sure you didn't "see" a boy... I already have all the clothes,toys and stuff, it would make it a bit easier! -Lore
Well, if you do remember awhile back, before Kyle was even a glimmer in your eye, I thought you were missing two boys. So, who knows if I was right then or right at the Pampered Chef party. Then again you just might be having twins, a girl and boy. :) -Luana
Post a Comment