I love technology (yes, I know the song from Napoleon Dynamite is coming to mind), I love gadgets and the newest and latest thing, love them… from HD flat screen TVs to my IPod Touch. But recently I have two major technical issues; one with my computer and the other with my camera- I’m so not happy about it!
I purchased a new desktop computer in November. Apparently Dell and my massive terabyte external hard drive hate each other! At least that is what I am hoping is the root of all the PC issues I have had. That dang Dell has not been nice to me lately. It is a god thing my best friend Melanie is a Dell guru! Her IT background and Dell tech knowledge has been tested to the max this past week! She knows more diagnostic tricks than I even knew existed. The only bonus to this mess is that I get to spend time hanging out with Mel; that part I do like.
The other technological failure in the house right now is my new Canon G11- Oh no, no, this is not a case of a bad photographer, no matter what you think! This camera is having major issues. I bought it to have a little guy (vs. the Canon SLR that I use for “good” pictures) with video capability for my cruise. It worked great, but the skin tone color was a bit on the orange side. I started seeing major issues when I got home and would shoot inside; out of focus, grain, bad color… the list goes on. It is going back to Canon this weekend. I sure will miss the little guy, but it needs help! For some reason I did not want to believe it was having problems and I kept using it… as you can see by the pictures below…
Pirate Island
These are from last weekend when the kids and I dressed up like pirates and went to Pirate Island in Orem. We had a good time. Kyle was extremely excited and had a great time!
Alexis and her friend Emily threw a Night of Murder and Mystery Party with a Mobster Wedding theme. The party was for Alexis’s 17th birthday which was interesting considering SHE played the character that was KILLED half way through the night. Not only did she die, but near the end of the evening someone loaded the air soft gun he was “packing” and started shooting, hitting Alexis in the temple (turns out it was also the kid who played the actual character that killed her… ironic I know!). Oh, and Emily, the other host ended up in the emergency room for getting shot with just "air" in the eye. (She is doing better now.)
Aaawwhh.. Alexis went on her first “date” dance. I was not happy about doing the pictures, partly because my sister had my lens, it was late, and extremely overcast… ok fine, I do not do well under pressure and with the stress of her “first” dance too, I was nervous, I admit it!
I was even more bummed when her date, Tucker took us to a place I have wanted to shoot at for over a year! Seriously!!! I wish they would have turned out better. Tucker is a good sport and even suggested doing them again another time when the weather was better… what a great kid, I like him.
We had way to much fun that night. I am not sure if that is because they mixed up my Blackberry Lemonade with Randy’s Blackberry Lemonade, or if it was the sheer volume of food, but we had a good time. As we were leaving Tracy stepped into a puddle outside the bathroom door and claimed that my water broke and I was having my food baby*, which sent us into a fit of laughter, we were a bunch of giggling goons as we walked out of there.
*Refer to prior post about the Food Baby for background.
2 comments:
Lore, your so hard on yourself. They are not bad like you say. They look twice as good as pictures that I see on most peoples blogs. You do great!
Happy to spend time with you, but man I wish it was doing something more fun that figuring out your dell, lol. Laura is right the pictures are not bad until you blow them up and see the grain, and blur, just not normal picture quality for a Canon G series. Send that baby in so I can be jealous of you again!
Post a Comment