Thursday, June 11, 2009

Turning 40 was sweet!

(Several items not pictured)

Turning 40 was not so bad! I actually had a great day!

Work was fun, the department had Einstein Bagels for my B-Day Brunch and not the typical cake and ice cream that we normally do, that made me happy.
Then a few of us took a extended lunch and did a "team building" activity. We attended a recently released movie where we had a good laugh (Yes this was team building and beneficial to our employer as it provided insight on how to retrace our steps when we have forgotten important information, various communication skills and how drug use is never a good idea!).
When I got home that evening Brittany and Courtney surprised me with the best cake ever! It was two layers high,one chocolate, the other yellow cake with cream cheese frosting and decorated by a pro!! It had beautiful detail and I could tell it was made with a lot of love!

Then my two great visiting teaching friends brought over Bajio Mexican Grill for the family for dinner... awesome!

After we ate we drove to Hollywood for my FREE B-Day movie rental. We got Forever Strong and sat as a family and called it our Monday-family night activity.
In addition to a great stress free day I received many of the gifts from my check list and more!

I would like to thank all of those great individuals for their kindness and love! Thank-you, thank-you, thank-you!
Thank you Jennifer and boys for the Aveda products, I love my Rosemary Minty hair!
Thank you secret someone for the cookies, chocolates and that other thing we are not talking about that sits on my desk.
Thank you Young family for the beautiful flowers.
Thank you Mom and Dad for the contribution to my happy new lens and the roses.
Thank you Becky for the Thanksgiving Point bouquet and the gift certificate for Rod Works (I went today and found the perfect iron flower basket, I just need to measure it to make sure it fits!)
Thank you Glynis for the Kneaders gift basket.
Thank you Jill and Sam (...And Bro Decker) for coming over and taking care of Alexis.
Thank you Tracy in advance for the Birthday BBQ that is now a family get-together, oh -well I am looking forward to the sweet ribs you are going to make! Oh, and Mel for the support and decorations.
Thank you to all of you who brought by cookies and cards and to everyone for the Happy Birthday wishes!

Oh- and thank you mother nature... I even got fresh snow on Timp!


Yummy!

Due to all of the cookies and flowers I received Courtney asked "Is that just what you get when you get old, cookies and flowers?"

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

That cake looks amazing!

Add other items