Friday, June 5, 2009

Mokey - UP - Donuts

After weeks of preparation, the big moment cam on May 30th at the Pleasant Grove City Fireman's Breakfast.
Kyle was finally ready to come face to face with "Mokey the Bear." Kyle was not too fond of him last year and I guess the memory of the experience has stayed with him. We drive past the Firehouse almost daily, and shortly after the banner went up to announce this year's Fireman's Breakfast the questions started,: "Mom, dose Mokey have teef?", "Mom, Brittany hug Mokey and he no bite her, do Mokey eat kids?", "Is Mokey nice?". After weeks of telling him that Smokey the Bear is nice and that he can give him a hug he was ready, actually he was very excited.

From the second we entered the Firehouse Kyle was looking for that Mokey, we went through the whole line, had our food and were ready to sit down to eat when that big ole Bear came around the corner. Kyle just stared him down, checking him out, looking for teeth or any sign that he eats kids… then with everything in his little body he said "mom…, I go see Mokey" he was not going to sit and eat until he faced his fear of the furry beast with a ranger hat on. Courtney carried him over to see him. He shook his hand and allowed a picture to be taken with the creature, but no hug for Mokey, and I think he was thinking he was close enough. But he did it, I am so proud of him!

After saying Hi to Smokey the Bear we all had a good breakfast and then went out to look at the trucks.

After breakfast we went to see the Disney/Pixar movie UP. Loved it, I have been quoting lines from the dang thing all week, Squirrel.


After the movie was a trip to Krispy Cream donuts. I was hoping they would be HOT and Ready, so that Kyle and the girls could see how they make them, but they were not running the machine at the time, so we got a few donuts and sat down and enjoyed them.




When we got home Kyle, Cameron and I all took a nap.. . what a great day!

1 comment:

The Ridgeways said...

I am impressed Kyle was pretty sure that Mokey dude was bad news. He cracks me up. I love the picture of him and the donut.

Add other items