Sunday, February 22, 2009

The First Born



I thought that this was an appropriate little questionnaire considering that my first-born turned 16 last week. She has grown into a beautiful young woman. She is very intelligent, her honor roll status proves that, and she definitely has her own opinion on how things should be or not be. She is a true 16 year old teenager now, with one hand on her phone at all times texting anyone willing to text her back, a bedroom that looks like a disaster zone and an attitude that implies that she already has all of the answers that it took her mom a whole life to learn.
I have always made birthdays a big deal, this year was a bit overwhelming with everything going on, so Alexis, I am sorry that your “Big Day” was not perfect. I hope that your year will be.

1. WAS YOUR PREGNANCY PLANNED? After being married for 2 years it was and idea that had crossed our minds, so let’s just say it wasn’t prevented.

2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME? Yes, I was.



3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS? I was scared.

5.HOW OLD WERE YOU? 23 when she was born.

6. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT? I had a friend that said I had “that look” so we went to the hospital for a blood test. I got the results by phone later that day. I had to ask twice what “positive” meant I was in such shock.

7. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST? I was in the bathroom crying when a co-worker walked in and asked if I was ok. I told her I was fine, just a little scared, and explained why. She gave me a hug and said I would be a great mom.

8. DID YOU WANNA FIND OUT THE SEX? Yes, I am not very good with surprises.

9. DUE DATE? February 22nd

10. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS? Only a little, when I would brush my teeth.

11. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE? McDonald’s fries and their ketchup were my favorite.

12. WHAT IRRITATED YOU? The hated the smell of fish!


13. WHAT WAS THE SEX OF YOUR FIRST CHILD? Female.

14. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING? Yes, but then again I have always wanted a boy; I just had to wait longer to get them. I was happy she was a girl; she has been a great big sister.

15. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANT? Not much, I do not recall ever having to buy maternity clothing with her.

16. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER? Yes, I don’t remember much other than the games that we did.

17. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW? Like I said, I don’t remember.

18. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING THE PREGNANCY? Other than she came VERY fast, nope.

19. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH? Utah Valley Regional Medical Center, Provo, UT

20. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR? I was having contractions for just a few hours, but not strong enough that I was worried about them, I honestly though I was just having a stomach ach due to something I ate.

21. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL? Brian, in the very bouncy Jeep. I paged him when my mom saw my stomach contract and she freaked out; he had just left work as was at the point of the mountain.



22. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH? Brian, Dr Dewey and a nurse.

23. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION? Natural

24. DID YOU TAKE ANY MEDICATION TO EASE THE PAIN? I was given an epidural without even asking for one, they wanted to slow the contractions so the Dr could make it in. Apparently, they could see her head when they checked me to see if they were going to admit me into the hospital.

25. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH? 7 lbs 6 oz

26. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN? February 15th, 1993 at 7:22 a.m.

27. WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER? Alexis Lauren Mease


4 comments:

Jennifer said...

I love the pictures, she's a mini-you!

Christy said...

So beautiful, both inside and out! You are a lucky Mommy! :)

Laura said...

I just love Alexis. I hope she had a great birthday!

The Ridgeways said...

I loved the pictures too, I especially love the last one, she has certainly grown up! You should post one of your kid pictures at that age, you two really do look a lot alike.

Add other items