Sunday, December 21, 2008

Christmas Traditions

I don’t have many traditions in my family but I thought I would share the few we have.




My Tree
I don’t have a “traditional” Christmas tree. It is not filled with Santa’s or Snowmen, or colorful ball ornaments. It is what I would imagine a tree looking like if it was in the middle of the forest and birds and woodland fairies decided to decorate a tree. It is not over the top fancy or anything, it is just me.

Christmas Cards
I love receiving Christmas cards. I love checking the mail box everyday. For a few friends it is literally the only contact we have each year and it is fun to see how people have changed. I like reading the letters that are included, even thought we do not write one. Also, as painful as it can be, I like having a family picture taken and sent to everyone. So if I missed you here is this year’s family Christmas card picture.

Christmas Morning
If you have kids then you know that once a child sees a Christmas tree and opens their gifts there is no way they are going to leave their pile of new loot to get ready for the day. So my children are not allowed down the stairs or near the tree until they have showered and are dressed. I know it is mean, but I love it.

That is about it. I told you we don’t have many traditions. I want to wish everyone a happy holiday and the best at this time of year.

6 comments:

Cori Henderson said...

Your Christmas picture is so cute! A beautiful family. Fun traditions, I love your tree. By the way, I'm Laura's sister and I'm a blog stalker, hope you don't mind.

Laura said...

I too love the picture. The girls are getting so mature and beautiful. Such darling kids.

The Ridgeways said...

You crack me up, now your crazy idea of making the kids get ready for the day before christmas has been validated by making it a "tradition." LOL LOL LOL

Oh and glad you posted your family picture now I can steal it off your blog! It is fabulous, oh and Tracy great photoshopping. Now Tracy can you get rid of the bird poops? LOL

Shamelessly said...

I'm doing this comment with my Pen. Its freaking hard! I don't know if this is easier exactly!

Best of the Best said...

Very cute family picture!

Christy said...

Showers?? You are mean. :) I love your tree! That is great!

Add other items