Thursday, December 4, 2008

I laughed for a minute and cried for an hour

It has been over a year since Donovan moved out, over 6 months since our divorce was final, and one month since I had his baby, and no I am not over it yet.
I can put up a tough outside, and for months I have to admit I felt absolutely NOTHING for him, a complete absence of feeling. Recently I have felt more, maybe it is the baby, ya, I am sure that has a lot to do with it, but I don’t like it!
I knew when I decided to not have him in the delivery room it was because I would not be able to handle him being nice, but last night it was just a simple text message at around 4am that made me laugh, smile and remember how I used to be able to send him messages and be funny. That was when I felt something I had not felt for so long it upset me. I don’t like when I remember how much I cared about him and loved him. I spent the next hour crying quietly into my pillow. It was icing on my already emotional day.

This brings up another topic I want to share; dating. No I am not dating, no I have not been on any dates and no I don’t want to. I am not ready. Mentally I don’t know how I would handle it, emotionally I know I can’t. So please don’t bother me about it, I have been asked twice just today if I have started dating, the answer is still no.

Did you catch that Cameron is one month today. He keeps my mind off of the things I can’t deal with, like people asking me if I am dating or problems with insurance and other stuff I just don’t want to get into. I am truly blessed to have him in my life, even if it means sleepless nights. Happy one month little goober.


3 comments:

The Ridgeways said...

I am sorry Lore. I am glad you have your kids and a new baby is such a joy. I know things will work out for you. Sides I don't think you will "date" I think it will just happen. You are beautiful, fun, creative, talented and wonderful. You will meet someone in your own time.

Best of the Best said...

That is one cute picture of Cameron! I'm just about well enough to come over and visit. You are constantly in my thoughts and prayers.

Jennifer said...

I don't care how funny it is...I don't laugh at 4 am.
I think you are one of the strongest people I know and I really look up to you. You set such a good example to your children and those around you. You may not feel tough, but I for one think you are.

Add other items