Sunday, September 7, 2008

Tractor... ME

Kyle has two VERY OBVIOUS loves in life. One is Boats, he has been boating several times this summer and every time he sees a boat he says “boat water, boat water, boat water” with great excitement. He received several boats for his birthday, even one for the tub that he has a great time with.

The other is tractor and backhoes, or anything that look’s like a tractor of backhoe. For Kyle’s 2nd Birthday I wanted to find someone that could take Kyle on a ride on some type of tractor and my sister volunteered her boyfriend to take him out. It took several weeks of coordinating our dates but we finally did it. Kyle got to go for a ride.

I didn’t expect to see the HUGE piece of machinery that was parked waiting for us when we arrived. Kyle didn’t either; his face went blank with shock.

I think he may have been scared for a few minutes as I handed him up to Randy to go for a ride. Kyle looked worried for a bit, then Randy asked if he wanted to run us over (meaning, my sissy, Brittany and I) he was right on board with that idea as his eyes lit up and that was all it took.


Randy took him for several rides, let him control the bucket and let him drive. When we were done Kyle was one happy boy. He waved good bye to Randy and said thank you, even though he wanted to go for another ride.

That night when he was asleep I moved him over to his side of the bed and without waking up he said real loud “TRACTOR…. ME” I hope that means he was having a good dream, it sure made me laugh.

If you want to see my sissy’s side of this event click here to check out her blog . She has pictures of what Brittany and I did to entertain ourselves while the boys were gone.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Braxton and Kyle must be related. Braxton loves to ride with David when he brings the tractor home. So fun for them.

The Ridgeways said...

He is so cute. 100% boy! I showed my girls the pictures and they were like hmmm whatever it is just a big car. Yet again girls are different than boys!

SuziQ said...

Too, too cute!

Add other items