I have heard it is different with moms and their boys versus moms and their daughters?
The weird thing is, for me, it’s true.
I am not sure if it is the fact that I stayed home with Kyle after he was born and I developed a bond that was different than the girls; I return to work with the girls 6 to 8 weeks after they were born. Or is it that my girls are old enough to talk back and Kyle isn’t? I just know there is something different with Kyle than the girls. Don’t get me wrong I love my girls, and I pray that I have the same relationship with them as I do with my own mom when they grow up, because I love my mom and have a great time hanging out with her. But what about now, how do I get that same feeling with them as I do with him? I sit and listen to them, talk to them, spend time with them, but it is just different. It is almost like I have more of a sense of calm, peace or patience with him that I do not feel with the girls, what is that? He is just my little guy and I love having him around. I don’t want my son to grow up to be a “Mama’s Boy”, and I don’t think he will, not in the negative sense of the term; he loves his dad just as much as he loves me. I can’t be the only one that has experienced this, so give me your thoughts.
2 comments:
My non-child having two cents are these:
1- Girls are HIGH maintainance. Boys are not.
2- You two do have a special bond that I don't think I've seen before between mother and child (not just boy or girl). I think it has something to do with how much you wanted him.
I think it is a lot of things, remember the reason teenagers are the way they are is so that it doesn't break your heart when they grow up and leave in a few years. Also Kyle needs you on so many more levels and its not like he can dress, feed, or otherwise do much for himself which makes you #1 in your world. Also I know for a fact I am a better mom and appreciate my kids more than most because I wanted them so much and had to fight to get them. Your in the same boat you wanted a little boy for ages. Give yourself some slack and enjoy the cute little guy and your beautiful "teen" girls.
Post a Comment