There is a reason that it takes two people to create a child, and that is simply because it takes two people to care for a child. Their needs are far greater than that of an adult, requiring two people to help them.
Why am I on my soap box about this today? Because yesterday sucked! Here is a snip-it…
I left work at 2:00, got Kyle, picked up Brit from school for her orthodontic appointment at 2:30, we were late. She had a bracket placed on a new tooth, everything checked, good to go. We were home long enough to log back into work to run a report and Alexis calls, she is on the way to the Temple and in a bad mood, I missed her calls, sorry. Britt grabs a bowl of cereal for a “snack”, Kyle gets one too. Britt’s new brace pop’s off the tooth, Kyle dumps his bowl of cereal and milk out. Courtney has to leave for the temple, needs shoes, no help there. Change Kyle, back to the orthodontics office. New brace put on with the “super glue” that is only used a few times a year. Get back home, Alexis walks up and needs a ride to the High School for an activity with the Sign Language Club, a movie with hearing impaired people. Drop her off, but no one is there, drive around for 15 min looking for the group, no one around, take her back home. Have girls watch Kyle while I try to make dinner for everyone. Get it on the table, run out of noodles before Courtney gets home, great. Pull out another kind of pasta and throw it on. Alexis needs the computer, log off of work, clean up Kyle, Courtney needs help with homework, Kyle needs a bath, kitchen needs to be cleaned up, it can wait. Run water for bath, have Alexis wash Kyle (my tummy won’t bend to wash him) while I listen to Courtney read her assignment. Britt comes in with 3 papers she needs help on, one for each of the past three weeks... UGH late work? Not happy! Call your dad and have him help you! Kyle is out of the tub, Alexis tries to get him dressed he runs away and pees on my bed! FREAK! I am done! Tell Courtney to finish her own work, tell Alexis to go do hers, strip the bed, throw on a blanket and go to bed at 8:30.
At any moment during this it would have been nice to have someone give me a big hug and say it will be OK. I am just one person and I hate days where I feel like everyone needs my help and I get overwhelmed because I want to help everyone but I can’t. Then I think about how life is going to be in a few weeks with one more demand on me. It is at that moment that I just cry myself to sleep because I did not sign up to do this alone!
There is a reason it takes two.
2 comments:
They are cute kids though...
Ok the first thing I thought of is how Donovan would come home and undermine everything you were trying to do, bedtime became optional, chores as well. Dad was home and it was playtime. So remember its not always easier with two. Chin up. Your tired and pregnant. Soon you will just be tired, LOL. Which doesn't sound better but remember how much easier it was to sleep, cook, clean, heck tie your shoes unpregnant? You will be fine, sides all you have to do is ask and I will help with whatever you need.
Post a Comment