Saturday, September 13, 2008

I’m not ready!

I am so not ready to have this baby! At my last doctors appointment as I was walking out of the examination room he said “ok, see you in two weeks!” What the crap, I am down to the two week appointments! I think I had that deer in the headlights look on my face because he gave me a big hug and said that he knew I would be ok and that I could do this… sure the having the baby part is no big deal, been there done that, it was easy! It is the taking care of a new baby, a toddler, 2 preteens and a teenager ALONE that freaks me out. I am NOT ready for that! I would like to turn into an elephant and have a gestational period of 22 months. That would give me 15 more months to prepare myself to have a newborn around. I am so not ready.

I am also not ready to be part of the “singles scene!” What the heck! Do I look like someone that people would want to date?? I am expecting a baby people! If I have one more person ask me if I am dating anyone yet I am going to kick them, I know, not mature behavior, but seriously. I had a member of my church stop by the other day; he is the 35-45 year old single adult leader (ya, in the LDS community we try hard to pair you up even at that age) he invited me to a singles activity with some of his friends. At first the idea sounded like fun, then I remembered I am pregnant, and then I remembered that I had my kids this weekend and honestly they are more important than any singles activity, and after a few minutes the entire idea freaked me out and I decided I AM NOT READY FOR THIS! The whole idea of dating: the lame games, worrying about how I look, what I say, will he call… ugh! Yuck! I am so not ready!

One more I am so not ready… I am so not ready for tomorrow. Why am I posting a blog at 12:30 at night, well because when I got home this evening my house was like stepping into an oven. Someone had turned the temperature down to 68 degrees on a cool function… but, nothing was coming out of the vents (can’t wait till I get the electric bill too). So I went to investigate my furnace room, the pipes are all frozen, yes frozen, with actual ice formed on them. So I am sitting here stressed out, and thought I needed to vent, so I am writing a blog entry because I am so not ready for the bill to fix this.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Well, I'd offer to go to the singles things with you, but I hear they card...
Pipes are frozen??? Yikes! Hopefully (don't know if this actually happens) they defrost and everything is okay. I'll keep my fingers, toes and eyes crossed for you.

The Ridgeways said...

I am not ready for you either! We can stress together, LOL! Seriously, you are amazing and if anyone can do this it is you. Remember just because you can do it by yourself doesn't mean you have to. I want to help!! and I know I am not the only one, stop being so independent and start letting us help it doesn't make you any less capable or independent, it just means your stress level may drop 1 to 2 levels! Love you!

Anonymous said...

My dad is an electrician, and i have had this happen many times. TO unfreeze the pipes, turn off the air, clean the filter, and let it melt, and you should be good as new

Best of the Best said...

Amen to what M said. Don't hesitate to ask. Hang in there.

Add other items