Thursday, September 18, 2008

Bigger and Better

Where should I start, with the air conditioning unit or with me?
How about the AC first; first I want to say that I am so thankful that the temperatures have dropped recently and I was able to open all of the windows to keep the house at a average of 84 degrees. When I had unit checked on Saturday it was determined that my coils were shot, I guess that the mountain of ice was not suppose to be there. He also quickly decided that whoever installed this unit was an idiot because it was too small for the house and for my furnace. Great. On Monday a new and BIGGER coil unit was installed, everything was cleaned out and waa-la cool air!
Until Tuesday night when I got home around 7:30 and the house was a nice 80 degrees but the thermostat was set to 69 (I guess someone was hot and tried to turn on the AC). I did a quick march down the stairs to check the utility room and surprise… frozen pipes… again! I marched back upstairs to call the repair man and they were very eager to come right out to fix it the next day. Turns out after 2 ½ hours of work they found a pin size hole in a pipe that was leaking Freon and causing all the problems. They replaced it and didn’t charge me for the visit or repair, good thing I wasn’t happy at the amount I had already dished out, but it is better now.

On to me, I went to the doctor on Monday and I guess I failed my first Glucose test, and I gained a LOT in two weeks and I guess that is not good. I am also measuring two weeks BIGGER than I should. I have never had this issue so I was not sure what that meant. Well it means you get to go back for another test, one that takes 3 hours. You get to fast for what feels like forever to a pregnant woman and then you get to drink a bottle of the lemon lime goodness that is equivalent to drinking a bottle of Karo syrup. That will send anyone’s body into complete shock, but I was told if I did not hold it down I would have to come back. Ok, I will deal with the nausea and think happy thoughts. 5 vials of blood, 4 pokes from a needle, and 3 hours later, and I get to go home. I was starving so I grabbed something to eat on the way and felt good for about 30 minutes, then I hit a virtual wall, good thing I was home by that time. I could hardly stay awake, and as soon as I sat down on the couch I slumped into the fetal position and closed my eyes. It was nice. I am doing much better today and I would like to thank everyone that called and checked up on me through out the evening to make sure I was alive. I should have results on Friday.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Okay Lore, If you have gestational diabetes it's not horrible. I had it with the twins. But, lay off the sugar even if they say you don't have it for sure. If you failed one test that's to close. For some reason the doctor doesn't like to hand out that diagnosis very well. If you want to periodically check your blood sugar I have an extra checker that you can use. you will just have to buy some tests strips (which you can get at a great discount on ebay of all places) good luck with your results tomorrow.

The Ridgeways said...

Yeah, I agree with Laura, don't stress over this one it is more common than you would think. Aspen was fine, it was my toxemia that caused the issues not the diabetes. Also while your avoiding all that lovely sugar how about trying to eat every 2-3 hours, again makes a HUGE difference in leveling blood sugar.

WooHoo to the 2nd AC visit being free!

Add other items