Saturday, August 16, 2008

A week in review

Will my life calm down once school starts? I sure hope so; it has been one busy, but fun week!

Monday, August 11th: Alexis, Courtney, Kyle, my mom and I all went to see Pride and Prejudice at the Scera Shell Theater, we have season tickets and this was one of several musicals we have see there this summer, including Footloose and The King and I. We have also seen Jordan Sparks and Abba there too. Kyle has loved everything and usually sings right along with each song. This one was the first one that he actually fell asleep in before it was over, but not before singing along during a solo. Brittany was not feeling well so she stayed the night with her dad.

Tuesday, August 12th: I took the day off and spent the day with the kids, ok to be honest I tried to cram all my appointments into one day. Alexis had an appointment with her doctor in the morning, and then that afternoon everyone had a dental appointment; even Kyle. The good news… NO CAVITIES! This made me very happy!
Afterwards we ran to the mall so the girls could get jeans at Aeropostal for school. We ran late and Donovan was nice to let me keep the girls for the night so we could get dinner and some more school shopping in.

Wednesday, August 13th: Ahaa… a day to do nothing, almost. After work Kyle got a much needed hair cut. When we got home Kyle got an early Birthday gift from me, a toy boat. He took a bath with it after dinner and didn’t want to get out of the tub. Alexis had to be sneaky and let out a little water at a time to not upset him. Once he was all cleaned up we did a “quick” run to Wal-Mart for some school supplies. I swear that when you step into a Wal-Mart you step into a time machine, I lose at least 2 hours of my life every time I go in one.

Thursday, August 14th: KYLES BIRTHDAY! Two Years Old! Wow! I got off early to have fun, but first I had to take care of the oldest kid in the house, Alexis. HIGH SCHOOL registration, ya High School, you should have seen her smile on this 10th graders face when she was waiting for her Algebra 2 math book to be issued to her, and so was the 11th grade boy and a 12th grade girl. As we walked out she announces that she could be in Geometry if she wanted to, I think she was slamming the other two kids, but in a nice way.
Later that afternoon we went to Kangaroo Zoo for Kyle, I invited Donovan and I think he had just as much fun as the kids did. Kyle was non stop; he kept up with his sisters with no problem, and usually pulling them onto the next bouncer.
Dinner that night was at Pizza Factory and when we got home Kyle got to watch part of his new DVD, Bob the Builder ON SITE, ‘Bob’s world meets the real world’; it was a hit.

Friday, August 15th: Courtney’s first day at school, Jr. High 7th grade day. She was excited and sick all at the same time. Alexis walked with her for the first day; I thought that was really nice.
Brittany met with her new 5th grade teacher, she starts school next week. Her class room is one of the few that has “in room” laptops and a large smart board for the teacher to do lessons on. It is basically a laptop screen projected onto a large screen at the front of the room that is interactive. Brittany had to hold back her excitement when she heard that, this kid is all about technology.
When I got off work we were off to Thanksgiving Point to see Brian Regan in concert. He is one of our favorite comedians. He was great, we enjoyed his opening act too, Kermit Apio, go check his clip on YouTube, he is funny.

It has been a full week, so I apologies for not updating through out the week and slamming you with it all at once.

Oh-one last thought, who thinks my sister should take pictures of my kids and I? I mean she is living with me (when she is here) and not paying a dime of rent, the very least she could do is take some pictures for me, right? What are your thoughts? – no pressure sissy.

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Awesome!!! It took me a while too. I read and re-read until I was sure I'd accomplished "spontaneous and casual" haha!

SuziQ said...

Yeah, because she NEVER takes pics of you and the kids. (I'm rolling my eyes, if you can't tell) She has to do pictures for me, too, but you can't get her to pin down anything! Maybe if I dangle the cash in front of her nose? LOL

Laura said...

Sounds like you had a terrific week. Looks like Kyle really enjoyed his birthday. Also, I got tons of cute pictures of Kyle on my photo blog. I noticed you got the updated link thing on your blog - I have it too which I love. But, I usually post multiple posts - so make sure when you check my blog for your kids pics to go to the whole blog instead of just the last post I did. Hope your kids have a great first week of school.

The Ridgeways said...

Whew! No wonder you had no time to do stuff last week! I can't believe Kyle is 2 already! Way cute pictures from the Kangaroo Zoo, my kids love that place. I wonder how long it will take Tracy to read your little comment there at the end. You crack me up.

Shamelessly said...

::sigh::

Yeah and it looks like you totally have TONS of time. Sheesh. Take a number... I seem to be disappointing EVERYONE lately!!

We'll get to it. Sure. Have you seen your calendar?? LOVE you.

Add other items