Here is a controversial question I would love your opinion on. Who is it acceptable to have in the delivery room with you?
Logically you have the attending nurse, and your doctor, and typically you would have the baby’s daddy. But what about guests? Remember, all of these people are going to see your woo-hoo and not just any woo-hoo, but one stretched out of normal proportions that could fit a watermelon through it.
And to add another element to the question, what do you do if you’re in my case? The baby has a daddy, but your not comfortable with him seeing your woo-hoo any more?
I’d love your opinion as I have 101 questions running through my head as November gets closer, I am sure this is just the start of them.
11 comments:
I don't think you need to have the baby's daddy in there. The waiting room has chairs he can sit in. I do think your mom or bff would be a good idea.
You decide who you want in the delivery room with you. I agree with Jennifer, the baby's father can wait outside.
A gal I know had everybody (I do mean everyone) in the delivery room when she gave birth to her first kid - friends and family (almost the entire extended family including the men.) She was gutsy to do that.
Hey! I vote with Jennifer you bff should be there with you. =) I so volunteer for the job! I would be great, Top 10 reasons Melanie should be there: 1. I have already undressed you and dressed you in the lovely paper gowns in one ER so the whole "woo-hoo" thing is a whatever. 2. I only had c-sections! and I have all these Lamaze and breathing techniques begging to be used! 3. Your Dr. likes me. LOL 4. I have no problem ensuring one and all of your needs, wishes, requirements on the big day are taken care of.
5. After learning breastfeeding in the NICU I am like an expert at latch, etc. I would be a helpful addition there.
6. Either I am in the waiting room or in there with you! Either way I am so not missing this event. I am so excited to see this new baby!
7. I love you! I want what is best for you. You just tell me what that is. SO no more pressure, LOL. We will make this the top 7 and the seventh being what you want is what I want!
Oh and your woo-hoo is off limits to x-husband. Nice guy or not sorry he gave up that right.
Oh and if you decide to not pick me on delivery day I would go with the dula (sp?) in your ward Juliette she rocks!
Melanie makes a very compelling argument for herself to be there!
Jennifer . . I get the feeling your laughing at me. =)
Reason #8 for Melanie to be there, she can tell unwanted people to get out of the delivery room or make sure unwanted people don't enter the delivery room.
Yes, Melanie would definitely be the best attack dog, if you will, to keep unwanted persons out of the delivery room!
You definitely have a say as to who is or is not in the room with you, and I'm sure your doctor would be more than happy to be the "bad guy" if you didn't want to put it on anyone else. Having the ex in there is the last thing you need.
Attack dog! Oh that is hilarious. Ok, Lore I agree you better add #8 I could definitely handle keeping the right people in and the wrong people out. I don't intimidate easily. Attack Dog! Suzi you seriously are going to have me laughing all day over that one.
Melanie really wants to be there, she sounds like a good canidate!! lol. I say no to EX-hubby. Melanie is right, he did give up that right. His kid or not, he can see him after he is born.
You do have a different situation than most, so I say have in there whom ever you feel comfortable having in there.
My theory has always been, "only medical personnel and those who were there at conception". However, you have a different situation and for once I believe in the "woman's right to choose". Apparently men don't have any legal rights, so do what will make this a meaningful experience for you. I usually yell at my hubby in the delivery room anyway . . .:) Seriously, do what you are comfortable with.
Post a Comment