Friday, March 28, 2008

Personal Bubble

Everyone should have a personal space bubble. I am ok with the fact that some are larger than others and that the size of your bubble can change, but I do not think that NOT having a bubble is acceptable.

For example, if you are standing in line at a grocery store and a stinky, kinda creepy, person is in line behind you and they are trying to put their bag of chips and beer on the grocery belt before you are done… then you need to make a bigger bubble. It is not acceptable that they do not have a bubble. It is gross!

Even children have bubbles. ** Note to parents: The children, who have yet to learn about their bubble, need to be taught that they have one. I am very proud of my 19 month old son who recently on a trip to Cold Stone for ice cream slowly backed away from a very large man wearing a dirty white t-shirt that did not cover his belly and sweat pants that should not be worn in public. This man insisted on talking to Kyle and as a good boy Kyle increased his bubble by backing up slowly until he reached me. See even at this age they just know better.

We all know at least one person whose bubble is like a wet suit. They have no concept that they have passed into your bubble and the idea that there is even such a thing as a personal space bubble is unfathomable to them. These people usually have a sense of arrogance to them, almost entitlement, as if your space is their space… and why not!
Those people BUG me!

3 comments:

SuziQ said...

I am so with ya. T and I were just discussing this the other night...well, mostly about Randy's big bubble! LOL I have to admit though that Averie has no bubble when it comes to other kids, she just loves giving big hugs to kiddos!

Jennifer said...

Hey, call me please!

Shamelessly said...

You already know how I feel about this. I mentioned that I saw that hot blonde guy at the bank and I was like, ok, cute. And then he totally ended up being a line encroacher and practially snuggled up to me at the counter! Thats right, oh uh uh, no you din't. At a financial institution? Come on, so not acceptable. Nevermind you are not good enough for my sister afterall!!

I will NOT have a line encroacher in my family.

And also, as an afterthought, have you ever noticed that your behind bubble is way bigger then the front bubble?? I think its cause we don't like people creeping up on our butts when we can't see em.

Add other items