Friday, March 21, 2008

The First Concert Experience

This past week a friend in the neighborhood had a few extra tickets for an event held by Novell. Novell being a fairly large company has a yearly event where they bring in a band and thank their employees and customers. This year it was Collective Soul. I felt like a little kid winning a radio contest, I literally squealed when I hung up the phone with her. She brought over two tickets and I was in a panic trying to think of who to take with me, I have to admit future x#2 was the first person on my mind, but that was just weird, so I thought about my sissy, but she was having health issues (you can read more on her blog about that) and so I sat trying to think of someone that would like to join me… I have no friends. I am a loser. Alexis in the mean time kept jumping up and down and saying me, me, me! When Liz came by with the tickets all the girls were huddled around to see my excitement and then Liz realized I needed more tickets to take ALL the girls. She came back a few minutes later with two more tickets… it was so great! She is awesome!

So on Wednesday March 19th I had a blast taking my girls to their first concert. Well at least Brittany and Courtney, Alexis had the pleasure of seeing Aaron Carter for her first concert experience, I think this one was better.

Novell had their moment to thank everyone, bla, bla, bla and then they brought out their opening act, Frank Caliendo. He is a comedian that does great impressions, like President Bush and John Madden. Recently I have seen him on commercials for Dish Network. He is a funny guy. I am sure most of the political humor when right over the girls head, but they laughed like they understood every word, that made it even funnier to me.



After an hour of him it was time for the music.

Alexis was the only one that was sure she had heard Collective Soul, Courtney had tried to get out of going and Brittany was just happy to be there. I played two of the CD’s I had on the ride to Salt Lake to give them a crash course in their music, but it was not needed. Once they started they had a good time and really liked them. They realized that they actually knew most of the songs, like Hollywood, the song that American Idol used during Hollywood week, and Shine, the song that made them popular in the late 90’s.

So when it all ended they all decided that they needed the newest album and that they had a great time. I sure had fun, and I am so happy I was able to share it with them. The cool thing will be when my kids are 30 and they tell their friends what the first concert they went to was. Collective Soul is way better than mine, Ann Murray at BYU. How does that compare to your first concert experience?

Oh- During the concert I gained a new happy song; Better Now, it was the song the lead singer wrote after his divorce… I kind of like it, I think I will use that as my theme song for a while too.

3 comments:

Kristy said...

That is awesome that you got to take your kids with you to their first concert!! Im sure you will always remember it. And im sure they will too. :0)

Jennifer said...

That sounds like so much fun!
BTW...what am I? Chopped Liver?
HAHA! Hope to see you soon :)

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!! What a great girls' night out! That's a moment you're all going to remember the rest of your lives. -Luana

Add other items