Saturday, May 28, 2011

Ideal Protein


A few months I was down in the dumps, bummed all the time. Celebrating my own pity party. I was struggling with the doom and gloom of the impeding layoffs and not sure how to deal with it. And when they passed and I still had a job I struggled with the fact that I was the only one on the team left. I worried about letting people down and not being good enough. I worried about my kids, as I always do, I had one of those the whole world is all on my shoulder moments.
Then a good friend decided that he did not like how I was treating myself, and he could tell I was not in a very good place. And I am thankful for him for basically yanking me out of a hole. One of the things he said as he went off on me was that “you mind as well get a knife and stab yourself, cuz your just killing yourself anyway!”

Wow.. that had impact! I was. I had gained an obscene amount of weight in the past few months, and I was turning to food for comfort… I was killing myself, my knife was food.
I had had enough!

I knew I could not do it alone, I needed to be accountable to someone. But not anyone in my family or my friends, they were to close and would be nice to me, I needed someone that would be stern. I also needed something where I could see results and was low impact, I had already been to the hospital once that month and I did not need to go again! My mind kept going back to a friend in my neighborhood, Christopher Salmon. He is one of the teachers of Sunday School at church and teaches every other week, I remembered when he started I thought to myself… what the heck, look how fast he changed! He often brought up the diet in his lessons and so I knew he was doing something. I decided to find out more about it and that’s when I decided to try it.

The web site sums up the diet plan as this:
The Ideal Protein Weight Loss Method is a medically designed protocol that results in fat loss while sparing muscle mass. The protocol was developed in France 25 years ago by Dr. Tran Tien Chanh, MD PhD, who focused his career and research on nutrition with a particular emphasis on the treatment of obesity and obesity related issues.
The Ideal Protein Weight Loss Method is an easy 4-phase protocol which helps stabilize the pancreas and blood sugar levels while burning fat and maintaining muscle and other lean tissue. This protocol is also an excellent support for cellulite reduction and has been used in well over 2500 Professional Establishments in North America over the last eight years with great success.

6 weeks into this program and I am down 20 lbs. I am happy with the results so far. I am working to get off for Hawaii and then when I return I may start right back up. It is easy, I feel better, and I eat tons better. To get to my ideal BMI I need to be down another 10-14 lbs, I think I can handle that.

No comments:

Add other items