
I have been so proud of Kyle and his transition from diapers to being a “Big Boy” and using a toilet.
The turning point apparently was when the boys in his daycare class started to share what character was on their underwear; superheroes being the most popular. Kyle insisted on getting two sets of underwear, one with batman and friends and the other with Mickey Mouse and his friends (interesting combination, but hey he is only 3.)
Other than the occasional issue of “forgetting to go pee” when he was having way to much fun playing, or that week of blatant rebellion when I returned after a week of being gone on the cruise, he has for the most part mastered the art of using the restroom as needed. That is until recently.
Not having the conveniences of a boy, I do not know this first hand, but it appears that the weather impacts WHERE you go pee. With the warmer weather and Kyle spending more time outside I have noticed this little trend.
This “issue” started a few weeks ago when Kyle arched a perfect little stream from my front steps into the grass. With his pants and underwear around his ankles, perfect balance, he was very proud in the moment. I on the other hand was completely in shock and embarrassed, partly because it was my company that noticed him first.
We had a brief and stern talk about how this was NOT APPROPRIATE and that the ONLY time you can pee outside is when you are camping! In which he replied “but mom... when are we going camping??!!” Is peeing outside THAT much fun?? Well, apparently it is, because that very afternoon while playing in the family room Kyle got up, walked past a bathroom and headed outside to the very spot he had stood earlier in the day to once again do his business. Umm.. maybe “APPROPRIATE “ was too big of a word.
Once again we have our little talk. This time I told him when he is camping he can pee on any bush or tree he wants to, but not in Mommy’s yard! So far, Kyle has returned to using indoor facilities and is asking for permission to pee outside whenever possible. Like this past weekend when he killed a bug in the back yard, placed a rock on top of the bug and then stood up, hands on his hips and said “Can I pee on it to make sure it’s dead!” ..Again, no Kyle not in Mom’s yard!
What am I shocked about, this has obviously been an issue for hundreds of years! The statue Manneken Pi’s is a small bronze fountain sculpture depicting a little boy urinating into a basin in Brussels that became a landmark around 1619. Think his mom told him it wasn’t appropriate?
5 comments:
No worries he is a normal boy !
That's hilarious! He's such a cute little boy!!
Problem is - even when they use the toilet their aim is poor. My garbage (next to the toilet) was full the other day. What the ???
Sam has started doing this too! I don't know where the idea comes from, he has (to my knowledge) never seen anyone pee outside, why would he think to do it! If he was anywhere else, he would find a bathroom. What is it about the great outdoors that says to little boys "pee here!" ???
I agree with you - keep outdoor pee to camping! If you let them do it in your own yard, pretty soon they do it anybody's yard and that is just wrong!
Post a Comment