I have removed the cruise countdown from my blog, I know many of you are checking once, twice, even three times a day to see an update and all of the amazing pictures from the cruise, and they are coming, but while I was gone a very tragic thing happened that many of you know about; the earth quake in Haiti.
We were in the Grand Cayman Islands when it took place, and thank goodness that the only impact that the earthquake had on our cruise was the cancellation of excursions out on the reef (including our swimming with the stingray’s tour) due to tsunami warnings. But the impact it had on Haiti was more than I can put into words.
As we watched the news updates from our cabin that evening I was horrified by the images and fought back tears as the first thought I had was for the children in a small orphanage located outside of Port au Prince. Two of my friends/co-workers have children there that they have been in the process of adopting for some time. They have suffered many heart aches in the process and in my mind this one was not one they deserve!
I may be wrong. Because of this awful tragedy they have been given the go ahead to take the children out of the country- with the proper paperwork, and if they have the means.
Brent left today with a group of people to bring back 70 children, yes SEVENTY! Among them are their two children, Nathan (who they only recently received information that he is OK) and Jessica (who they have not located).
My heart goes out to this small family, one of thousands that have been affected by this earthquake. I ask that you keep them in your thoughts and prayers that they will be able to return safely.
The countdown I had on my blog can not compare to the one Lori and Brent have had, please take a moment to visit Lori and Brent’s Blog for updates: Countdown to Homecoming
1 comment:
oh Lore! When I discovered just how close Haiti was to Jamaica and Florida, you were in my thoughts. I have heard many stories of children who live there who were in the process of coming here in adoption.
I do not know a family personally and I really hope the best for your friends and their children.
Hugs
Post a Comment