
Let me paint the picture of the poor little centipede's last few minutes of life.
It is around 11:30 pm. Courtney and Brittany are fighting, who knows what about. Brittany hits Courtney, and Courtney having had enough of the "unacceptable behavior" from Brittany in return hits her back. Now if any of you know the story of the last time Courtney hit Brittany back, well lets just say I ended up taking Britt to the Dr because her nose would not stop bleeding. But tonight this is how it went down...Brittany in return does what she is know to do in cases like this... screams a lot, cries, and then calls her dad. Mean while Courtney asks for help to make her bed, the top bunk can be hard to make, it's late and I want the fighting to end sooner than later so I help out. While I am working on one end of the bed Brittaney ends her call with her dad, hangs up and realizes she has a bloody nose, at this point she declares that she is having the "worst day EVER!" she then gets up and goes into her bathroom.
I then notice that there is a little Garden Centipede crawling across the floor. The second one of the day, the first one Brittany vacuumed up. Brittany with her bloody nose can not do anything about it, and Courtney will not go near it (note* Court is deathly scared of ANT's, no it's true.) The little guy wonders under the closet door into Brittany's side and Courtney is fine with that.
As we continue to work on the bed he then emerges out from under the closet and starts heading for Courtney's side of the room. This is where the mayhem begins.
Courtney with the fear that her life is going to end is now in a full panic that this thing is going to get on her stuff! I being a good mom see this as a "teaching moment" and say "If your room did not have stuff on the floor you would not have to worry about spiders and things crawling on it."
The teaching moment continues with a fear factor lesson, if I kill it then how will you get over this fear... "Courtney just get a shoe and kill it." Still shrieking as if a limb is being yanked from her body she turns a pale shade of white and shakes her head "no... no...." "Just do it, you will be fine" Brave Courtney picks up a flip flop and with all the courage in her entire body whacks the little crawling creature.. now you and I know that when you hit the soft cushioned carpet with a flip flop that the object you just whacked will simply take air, and not die... she did not know this. Courtney ran from the room screaming, arms flapping and crying hysterically.
Meanwhile in the bathroom Brittany is laughing, while her nose is still bleeding, and dripping into the sink, she is enjoying the bitter revenge that is taking place for getting hit.
Alexis who went to bed 30 minutes prior to this but has had to listen to all of this from her adjacent room is now so frustrated she gets up out of bed, grabs a shoe and finds the centipede and beats it to death. Then takes toilet paper and picks it up, trows it away and goes back into her room.
The bed is made, the nose stops bleeding and Courtney's color returns to her face. All is well. Except for that little centipede.
7 comments:
Okay, that was too funny. Thanks for the descriptive narrative of the centipede saga. I hate centipedes! Alexis, One day I'll be as brave as you.
Hey....welcome to my world.
Sounds like teenage girls.
AHhahahahahahaha!
I am so glad my kids are 3 & 5 and go to bed at 8pm. Perhaps I should tell Courtney the story of the red spider that wouldn't die and the two of us screaming like banshees!
HAHAHAH, oh I can just picture it in my head. I can't stop laughing!!!
poor centipede! poor Mom! Yay Alexis!! How lucky to have 3 teenage girls! :)
Post a Comment