My concealed weapons permit class has already paid off.Even thought I have not received my handy dandy permit yet (I sent it off about 6 weeks ago for approval but for some reason the government office that reviews and approves the permits is a bit back logged with a large volume of requests since November 4th, wanna guess what that is about?!) but it still paid off.
I apparently was going over the speed limit the other day on the way to work and PG’s finest pulled me over for going 5 miles over the speed limit, is it just me, because I though 25 was more of a guideline than a rule, 30 just feels right. Anyway, I pulled over, removed my driver’s license from my purse and turned off the truck. I had my hands on the steering wheel when the police officer politely asked if I was aware of the speed limit, yes sir I am.
In my permit class, we were taught that if we are pulled over or if a police officer needs to run your license that you need to identify yourself as a permit holder, otherwise they think you are trying to hide something, it is just better to be upfront about it. When he asked for my license, I said, “I want you to know that I have applied for a concealed weapons permit but I have not received the notification yet, just in case it shows up, also, I do not have a weapon in the truck.”
The reply I got back was very unexpected! He said “ARE YOU SO EXCITED?” he was almost giddy about it. I just smiled and laughed a bit and said, “Well ya.” That was when he said that he just needed to see my license and if it ran clean he would let me off with just a warning.
4 comments:
Sweet! I want my permit dangit!!!
Wow, your lucky. Really, just five miles over and he pulled you over? That's just wrong. I'm glad he let you off though. I think the cities just need extra money so they are pulling everyone over. I'm definately going to be more careful. At least it turned out well.
I have had two tickets for five over from pg police. It is so not a guideline!
I am glad you got your warning, maybe it was the exciting news and it probably helped that you had a lack of belligerent attitude that I probably had when I told the cop how sad it was he had nothing better to do than pull someone over for something as petty as 5 miles over.
Were you on 600W? Everyone I know has gotten a ticket there.
My hubby was just saying the other day that he wanted to get a permit. Not a weapon yet - but a permit "just in case." LOL.
Post a Comment