Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Last Night

Last night I climbed into the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in, oh ya, it even toped the Ritz Carlton. With my sweet new sheets that are silky smooth and the insane down comforter that my sissy got me for Christmas I was in heaven! I was fast asleep in a matter of minutes!
Only one thing could have ripped me from that blissful slumber at 2 am, and that was Kyle sitting up and hearing the sound every mom hates, “mom…” (Followed by a low gurgling noise), “I, sick..” I am not sure the whole word sick came out before the vomit did. But my quick thinking mind had only one thing run through it SAVE THE COMFORTER! So I quickly flipped the down comforter out of the spew zone and then put my attention on Kyle.
At 4 am, after giving Kyle a bath, stripping the bed completely and replacing it with random blankets, putting my sheets and all of our clothes in the wash machine, feeding Cameron, who slept through the excitement, I finally went back to bed.
Not the sweet, luxurious bed I started out with but one that was uncomfortable and had a lingering stench of vomit. (**gag**).

Two hours later, we repeated the 2 am experience, yea me.

I was going to put on my sheets again tonight because I sure could use the sleep, but the girls said that I should wait a few days. They don’t think my excitement is over.

6 comments:

Heffalumps and Woozles said...

Ohhhh, honey...call me, we can reminisce. I'll be thinking about you. :)

Laura said...

Went through this exact scenario a couple of months ago. It ran through every one in my family except for me. I have them sleep on towels and just a top sheet with spare top sheets right by the bed. Teach him how to use a bowl. Darn it. Your sheets and comforter sounds so good too. Hope all is well very soon. Isn't it wierd these things always happen in the middle of the night.

Christy said...

I'm sending love your way. Alyssa had her own vomitous mess about a month ago and we had to live through the smell, before we could get a carpet cleaner to come over (hers was a Saturday evening). I'm sorry Kyle is sick, I hope he get feeling better soon! Hopefully you can use your awesome new sheets soon - and get more sleep! :)

The Ridgeways said...

ugh . . . at least the comforter was saved!

Cori Henderson said...

We had that in October. I always wonder why they have to start throwing up in the middle of the night. Why not during the day?? It's always night.

Jennifer said...

Oh sad!!!

Add other items