Monday, January 5, 2009

I am not that deep!

Have you ever read something and it is way too deep to even understand? Maybe it is just me, I am just not philosophical. Today on the back of my Starbucks cup (hey, give me a break! it is my first day back in the office, I left Cameron with a complete stranger at daycare, and I have yet to get more than 4 hours of sleep in a row!) I read the following:

The Way I See It #76
The irony of commitment is that it’s deeply liberating – in work, in play, in love. The act frees you from the tyranny of your internal critic, from the fear that likes to dress itself up and parade around as a rational hesitation. To commit is to remove your head as the barrier to your life. –Anne Morriss

Ummm, ok. I took a sip of my Chi Tea and though about that for a moment. Took another sip… nope, don’t get it! Anyone else want to crack this code? Am I the only person who is clueless as to what she is trying to say?

4 comments:

Shamelessly said...

Ok... I've got it narrowed down to three possible theories:

One: Your head is ugly and you should remove it and maybe someone will like you and can commit.

Second: Basically its saying that your biggest barrier to enjoying your life is your own mind. Instead of pretending to be practical because you are scared you should jump in head first and give yourself totally to something. Its another take on the whole if you don't love you can't get hurt thing, at least that's how I take it.

And third: Spinster girls should just settle already. Do you wanna be childless drains on society?

Its one of those I'm sure :)

The Ridgeways said...

I vote with Tracy's third, lol.

I hope you survived your first day back and leaving your baby. I hope it all went smoothly.

Heffalumps and Woozles said...

I am very impressed by both Shamelessly and The Ridgeways. Because what I got out of it, was more diet coke and Ben and Jerrys...if anything else comes out of it, I'll let you know. Maybe it will inspire a Random Thought or two.
:)

Christy said...

hmmmmmmmmmmm

Add other items