Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Your over the hump...

How long can a cold last before a Doctor will feel sorry for you and give you something to get over it? My precious young son gave me his cold after returning from St George with his dad, over 3 1/2 weeks ago!
I started with insane head congestion and a headache, which led to an earache, and then the body aches and chills alternating with fever set in for a day. But wait it gets better, then the sore throat started and I lost my voice. Oh I forgot to mention the cough, the kind where you feel bits of your lungs breaking off and then you have to spit them out in the sink. (Gross, I know) And if that is not enough it is draining, as if being pregnant didn’t make me tired, now I’m tired all of the time.
I broke down and went to see a doctor a week and a half into this thing. Feeling like I was going to die! He said I am sure you’re over the hump of this virus, not much I can give you and your ear infection is not bad enough for an antibiotic! WHAT THE? Not bad enough, UGH! $10 later he sent me on my way telling me to drink lots of fluids.
So I had an appointment with my OBGYN yesterday, I gave him the same “I don’t feel good and I am tired of it” speech. You know what I got… the same your over the hump reply! Was this a class they took when they got their doctorate, “Things to say to clients with a virus 101”? Oh and he threw in drink lots of water too! Freak!
So I will continue to deal with my crappy cough, my earache and my cracking voice while I drink lots of fluids and hope I really am over the hump of this thing!
Oh- on a side note, Kyle also gave this crap to Cody, soon to be ex’s brother, HE got an antibiotic… you think it’s just a conspiracy against pregnant women?

3 comments:

The Ridgeways said...

oh man that is cold! I guess load up on the vitamen c and try to get extra sleep, sleep is the only thing that ever gets me over stupid colds

D. said...

LoL! I do fell sorry for you, but that is a funny tale. And what the heck?!? You always gotta one up me or something. Just when I was catching up.

Jennifer said...

Told you...the 10 week cough. You're not over the hump until you've pasted the 5 week mark! Tell your doctor that!

Add other items