Sunday, February 24, 2008

The Teachers Pet!


Recently my sister and I started taking a photography class at UVSC. The intermediate digital SLR class that we are taking requires us to send in assignments each week based on what we learned from the week prior. These pictures are shown at the beginning of the next class and voted on by all of the students.
This past week our pictures were on Aperture. My awesome sister and I went out to take pictures for our assignment and I have to admit I struggled understanding the whole concept, until my sweet sister had me change lenses and actually showed me how to get a shallow depth of field picture. Oh… now I get it! The irony of this is that the picture that I was struggling with turned out to be the picture that our extremely cool teacher, Rex Allen, picked as one of his favorites for the week, oh, and it was voted by the class also.
As a side note, I have to admit, Tracy would have taken the votes and teachers favorite, but he did not get her picture into the slide show.
Sorry Sissy!

2 comments:

Shamelessly said...

Oh yeah keep it coming!

I don't know if that last part is true. That is a pretty cool picture, but thanks for trying to make me feel good about it.

You think that you are gonna catch up on the Great Blog Off in one day or something??? I guess we should have taken into account that youre a stay at home momma with some time to burn. Great. I'm already running out of ideas!

Kristy said...

Yeah!! Ok, I was going to take that class, I have a new canon Rebel XTi, and LOVE IT. I just need to take some classes that help me understand everything, and to help me make my pictures better. I should meet with you, so you can show me what you learned in your class. :0) We can practice together (your sister too). lol.

Add other items