Hitting the Next Blog >> button is like some weird rush. You never know what you’re going to get with that next sight, will it be a site from Germany with beautiful pictures of the local landscape, a collage student complaining about the party scene, a foreign activist group written in a language you have no clue what it is. It is like gambling!
I have to admit I have wasted chunks of time hitting that dang button over and over. I almost have a feeling of voyeurism. Peeping onto someone else’s life, their views, their thoughts; it is kind of twisted when you think about it. In a world where people are worried about identity theft or just to scared to talk to the person in line next to you at the grocery store, we do this… we blog… lets post our lives on the World Wide Web.
Admit it, you hit that button too. I know someone is. My counter increases every day and I know I don’t have that many friends or family that are taking time to read what I have to say. But if you are one of those kind individuals that happens to visit this blog and you take a moment out of your life to read it, please leave me a comment so that I know that my counter is not broken.
Thank you.
7 comments:
I do that too. But instead of hitting next, I go to someones blog, then click on one of their friends or family links. I do it all day long. I actually found one of my long lost cousins that way. So, being a "looker" as some people call it, can be a good thing. lol. And someone Pierre knew back in HS actually found us on here too. Kinda funny!!
I use to do that here at work until I stumbled on what can only be called porn. You and I both know there's nothing they can do about that, but I've stopped here at work just the same...Haha!
Yep, I think it fulfills that little bit of voyeur that lives in us all...fulfills it a lot if you stumble upon porn, I guess!
I think your counter IS on crack and I am sticking to it. Otherwise... I will have to go get an ugly counter like you instead of the cute one I have to make it seem like I am more popular and that would go agaisn't everything that is good and right with the world.
I've also followed a link trail to different people's blogs. I find that that is usually safer, there's no reruns, and I can actually make out what it's saying!
And PS
Just cause you've done it twice now I have to tell you. Collage is like a big thing where you paste pictures together. College is continued education. Did you skip that?? LOL
I only tease you cause I Love you. And its ok cause I totally have a typo in the last comment I just left! LOL
I used to do that all the time until I came across one that probably belonged to a terror-activist group or something because it scared me just a bit. I also had some random person leave me a really weird comment once, so I clicked over to check out his blog and that too scared the daylights outta me.
I just do what kristy does now and click on friends of friends of friends all day long.
OK, I had never done this till I read your post. So I did it. Over half of the ones that came up were not in English. And the other half just kept coming up over and over again, half of those were kids' blogs...you know, where the parent thinks they're oh-so-cute, writing as if the 6-week-old baby wrote it? Blah. Not addicting for me!
Post a Comment