So last year I was insanely insightful and so in tune with the whole idea of a new year’s resolution. As I reread my post I actually surprised at how well I actually did at keeping them.
Let’s revisit them one by one and I will explain.
Live
1. I want experience more in my life, and traveling satisfies this for me. This year I want to travel to someplace outside of Utah again. (I am easy to please; a trip to Vegas would fulfill this goal).
How about that I went to Hawaii. CHECK!
2. In order to live healthier I want to lose weight and start working out on a regular basis. (yes, yes, I know EVERYONE has this one as a goal.) I lost 30lbs between March and June, felt GREAT… looked good and then gained it all back as of this week. But I lost it last year like I said, so I say CHECK!
3. Date.. there you go I said it. I would like to possibly go on a date, maybe. I have 12 months to complete this one, so let’s not push it. I took some time to get this one checked off, but I officially went out in November to dinner with a guy who asked for my number and that I had not know prior to that day. That counts… so CHECK!
4. I want to paint another room in my house this year, maybe my room... yea! If I accomplished EVERYTHING then you would think I was some super human, so no, I did NOT paint anything in my house this year. (Bummer)
Laugh
1. Most of my favorite times laughing have been when I am with my family (including my mom, my sissy and Randy). I want to create more opportunities were we can be together and laugh... even if I end up being the butt of the jokes, I still laugh so hard I cry. I am pretty much the butt of jokes every time we go to dinner or have fight night at my house. I recall laughing to the point of tears several times so I say accomplished, CHECK!
2. I want to take more pictures of every day moments, not just the great posed shots, but day to day shots to capture how much fun we have together as a family. I worked on it. Not to the point that makes me happy, but I plan to improve this new year. I made an effort and that deserves a CHECK!
Love
1. Service is a aspect of love, so I want to make a goal to serve in a greater capacity for the Festival of Trees in SLC this year. In addition to other service opportunities that may arise. Festival was a BLAST, I served several days and had a great time! CHECK!
2. Attending the Temple, maybe if I publicly make this goal than I will be better. Well I stunk that that one up, not as much as I had wanted to, but I am already off to a great start this year!
3. Family falls under love, I want to research a line of my genealogy that I know little to nothing about. I am very interested in finding out more and getting the background story's associated with it. I did not do the genealogy aspect that I wanted to do, but Courtney had to interview a relative so we videoed my grandma and got some great stories from her! They answered some of the questions I have had for a long time. So CHECK!
4. I want to tell each one of my children every single day of the year that I love them. I think I did this each and every day that they were with me… when it was not my weekend I didn’t call, or bug them… I will have to see if they want me to. HALF CHECK!
...And Blog about it!
Over the last three years I have blogged less and less each year (2008 79 posts, 2009 65 posts, and 2010 47 posts). Looking back at the posts from last year I basically cheated! I ended with 63 posts, that is more than the prior year, so who says cheaters never prosper! CHECK!
You know what that is a great list… I think it is going to be my resolution for this year too…only I need to do it bigger and better! (Hawaii is going to be hard to top, but traveling is traveling and it is what I make of it right!!)
2012 has a lot to offer everyone. It is a new year, and no matter what our goals may be we have the ability to accomplish them.
No comments:
Post a Comment