Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Halloween Spirit

There it goes, can you feel it? It is the Halloween Spirit... that part of you that lets the inner kid out, lets you dress up as whatever you want and eat candy; AND NO ONE THINKS TWICE ABOUT IT!

As we do each year we had our family theme.. after going to Pirate Island for Kyles birthday we decided it was a year for the pirate. Arrg! We decided Cameron looked better as our monkey than a pirate. So we changed his costume, but he looked cute. This is the only picture of him not smiling.

My Halloween festivities started on Friday the 30th. I joined a friend at BYU to witness her cousin and several of his friends run around campus in nothing but their "Super Hero" costumes. They were quite a bit late so we sat and people watched... highly recommend if you have a spare hour to do this next year! We saw a guy dressed completely backwards, walking backwards the entire time... that is dedication to a costume, we saw tetras pieces trying to fit with trashcans, a very unattractive bumble bee outfit, Mario and a few others. The winners were the couple dressed as sharks that would circle random people in the commons area. That hands down was the funniest! Well, until the super hero's showed up... they ran around calling each other by their super hero name and chasing Lex Luther all over. Some people asked them to pose for pictures, one woman actually yelled at them to leave.. and in the end they were chased off campus by Campus Police... or where they just dressed like that?

Many of you know that Halloween is my favorite holiday, my house was a wee bit decked out this year, I have bigger plans for next year.


I love this which.. she is my favorite.

Halloween night was a BLAST! I have not been trick or treating in YEARS! I had so much fun I forgot to take pictures! Kyle was funny, he was not quite sure what to expect. The first house he went to had a bunch of kids so he just stood there till he got his candy, house # 2 was not the same. The door was closed and he was all alone. He ran up the stairs and then turned around and said "what I do?" I told him "Go to the door and say Trick Or Treat", he did exactly that... walked up to the closed door and said "Trick or Treat!" That's when I started laughing and told him he needs to knock and wait for someone to open it... details.
By house #4 he had the routine down and sprinted between houses.
While we were gone Alexis and her friends handed out candy at our house. So no pictures of her, becasue she darted out the door as soon as I arrived home.
The outside of our house was decorated too. The addition to the Halloween stash this year was the Bubble Fogger. Apparently it kept some kids so entertained that they forgot to get candy at the door. Seriously, how cool is a bubble that when it pop's it turns into fog.
The pond was my big project this year. I had the Pirates who don't do anything.. Next year I will have more pirates, I only had out 5 this year.

We had the three ghosts haunting the cul-de-sac I love that I have neighbors that get into Halloween as much as I do.

Brittany was happy with her loot... as were all the kids.

Courtney had a good time out with her friends.
Cameron enjoyed riding along and watching everyone, it did not take long for the cool night air to put him to sleep. Kyle tried to hang on as long as he could. He helped me pass out Halloween candy when we got home and took time to sort through what he had received. But it did not take long for him to crash when the night was near an end.
With that halloween Spirit behind us that means onlyone thing... time to plan for next year!

4 comments:

michael said...

I envy ! What a great time.

The Ridgeways said...

That fog bubble machine was the coolest thing ever! Loved the pirate pond too, it turned out great. I also cracked up over the "superhero's" lol

Laura said...

This looks like such a great time. Wow. What is Pirate Island? where Kyle celebrated his b-day? I'll have to ask you about that. Braxton loves pirates and it might be a good idea for his fifth birthday next april. Love the decorations, your house, the costumes, everything. You do Halloween better than any one I know.

Cori Henderson said...

Wow! Your house looks awesome! I think I understand why those "superhero's" got chased off campus:)!!!

Add other items