(Yes I know I am slow at getting this posted, cut me some slack it has been a long week, ok almost two...)November 4th, 2008, what a historic day! Let me start with…I don’t care who you voted for; I don’t care what your feelings are about who won, if you don’t like the person at least respect the position. You’re in a free nation with more rights than anywhere in the world, so the least you can do is respect the President of the United States, regardless of who that person is.
President Elect Barack Obama will be our nation’s first African-American president.
Obama ran his campaign with the slogan “CHANGE We can believe in.” On Tuesday evening after the electoral votes determined Barack Obama won the race for president he said the following to a crowd of approximately a quarter-million people in Grant Park in Chicago and to the nation.
“If there is anyone out there who doubts that America is a place where anything is possible, who still wonders if the dream of our founders is alive in our time, who still questions the power of our democracy, tonight is your answer,” he went on to say “It’s been a long time coming, but tonight, because of what we did on this day, in this election, at this defining moment, change has come to America,”.
I do believe that we are in for a lot of changes in our nation, and around the world.
November 4th is a day that I will always remember, not just because of this election but because it was a day that created a lot of CHANGE in my family.
Cameron Lee, Cameron because it was the one name I liked more than the others and Lee after my dad, was born at 5:28pm.
I know everyone has been waiting for pictures, but I have asked a dear friend to write up what happened that day so I could post it and she has been busy and I don’t have it yet. Why don’t I just write up what happened, well to be honest I am missing a big chunk of time. Due to some complications when I think about that afternoon I have smooshed about 3 1/2 hours into about 15 minutes. The rest is fuzzy and I am so thankful that I had two great friends there at my side during this time.My “plan” was to kick Melanie and Juliet out of the delivery room when it came time to have my little baby. I wanted that moment to be mine. I had a lot of personal reasons for not having Donovan in the room, they all came down to the fact that I knew he would be nice to me. I knew I could not separate the fact that in my heart I wanted my family to be complete, I was afraid that I would get my hopes up and would have to deal with the pain of separation all over again instead of appreciating the moment of bringing into this world a new baby.
My “plan” quickly changed when I experienced some complications with my Epidural. I panicked when I felt my heart starting to beat heavily in my chest and I started to have difficulty breathing, so did my anesthesiologist from what I understand. (Let’s hope Juliet has this in her write up, because I didn’t get to actually see what happened.) I started to cry, then Melanie started and I just remember Juliet standing next to me talking me through it, telling me everything was going to be ok. She has since told me that I was being prepped for a c-section because my blood pressure was not stable and it had put the baby into distress. Luckily with in an hour and a half everything calmed down, and Cameron came into this world with only two pushes.
Donovan, Kyle and the girls arrived shortly after he was born.
Klye was not sure what to think of this new baby.
He was 7lbs 13 oz and 19 inches long and I am so glad he is here and healthy.
Ok I admit it, I think ALL NEWBORNS ARE UGLY... even my own.
12 comments:
They are not...he is beautiful...absolutely spectacular.I am glad that everything ended on a good note, and that both of you are healthy.
Congratulations Lore!!! He is adorable. What an accomplishment. We will have to come and meet him soon. I'm glad you have your blog so that we knew he finally got here. Were so happy that he is healthy and perfect.
So just for the record I didn't cry until everything was over and we knew she was going to be fine. LOL
Lore I still think you are crazy newborns are amazing and so beautiful, but I will give you this he was much cuter the next day when his nose popped out a bit and his ears weren't quite so smooshed.
He's cute, Lore...not all newborns are ugly! Congratulations, I'm glad you finally posted!
Congrats, Lore! I'm glad you both came through it okay. Welcome to this great, big, noisy world, Cameron. Lore, When I'm completely over this cold, I'll be over with a gift for Cameron.
I'm with you on all newborns being ugly...but there are a few exceptions :)
Don't you just LOVE complications?? Im glad everything worked out for you. He is a cutie! Even as a newborn!!
I don't think all newborns are ugly--my first one was, but my second was gorgeous from the beginning. Cameron is very cute.
Even in their squishy faces, newborns have their own appeal! :) Congratulations! I was so happy when I heard that you'd had him and knew a blog update would be coming along. Sorry you had complications, it makes the birth so much more stressful. He is adorable! I can't wait to come see him and steal Kyle so you can have your nap time!
Congratulations, Lore! He is beautiful, even with the goop in his eyes. I hope you're doing well. We love you!
Congratulations Lore! I think he is totally cute and he will be a blessing to your life. I'm glad that everything ended well. Love Melanie's little sis, Jennie
I will second Wendy's motion...he is beautiful! I don't think it's physically possible for your children to be ugly. Best wishes to you and your fantastically gorgeous family!
Post a Comment