My awesome cousin, Sarah and her husband Boyd invited my mom, the kids, and I to go to their cabin at Bear Lake. We had so much fun and I seriously owe them, and some how I will repay them for inviting us and giving us a great memory. Bear Lake is located on the border of northern Utah. It is a very large body of turquoise water that is absolutely beautiful. We left on Wednesday July 9th, and it was just over a 3 hour drive. (a threeee hour drive…sorry a flashback to Gilligan’s Island hit me!)
On Friday we went to the beach and hung out. Boyd took the kids out on the boat and pulled them on the tube. They had a great time. Even Brittany was brave enough to go, after threatening Boyd to not go fast! When the day ended everyone was beat, and my mom and I were burnt crisp! It was so worth it!
Saturday we spent another day at the beach. Kyle had a great time going for rides on the boat, playing in the water and digging in the sand. He was on the go the second we got there, it wasn’t until he went on the tube with Courtney and Alexis that he fell asleep. It was so funny.
That evening we had the world’s largest pizza from Bear Lake Pizza; I swear it could feed a small village, and from what I hear you could have purchased a small village for the same price as that pizza, but Boyd will not deny or confirm this allegation.
For my mom, the kids and I we had a great time. No stress, just time to kick back and relax and enjoy being with each other. It was a great time. My girls have already asked when we are going again and Kyle gets over excited when he sees a boat. So, maybe if I beg we will be invited again next year (hint, hint Sarah), but this time I get to help with more than just breakfast!
3 comments:
That looked like a great time. Your girls look so old in the pictures. I can't believe how beautiful they are all becoming. Anyway, looked like a great trip. Call me when they want to go swimming with us again. We love them.
Cute pictures! Didn't take you long to put that internet connection to good use!
You weren't lying about the size of that pizza...wow!!
Post a Comment